Bus route information for the 2017-2018 school year is available in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Access the parent portal, then click on Forms for your child’s bus number, stop location and time. If your child’s bus information is not in PowerSchool or does not seem correct, please contact the GCCS Transportation Department at (812) 288-4809 or email email@example.com.
Parents can also access their child’s bus route information through the innovative mobile device app and website entitled, Here Comes the Bus®.
Here Comes the Bus allows you to view the real-time location of your child’s general education school bus on your smartphone, tablet or computer. With it, you will have the information you need to send your children to the bus stop at just the right time, helping to protect them from inclement weather and other roadside dangers. What’s more, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your children haven’t missed the bus.
Here Comes the Bus is free for the 2017-18 school year, and enables you to:
- See the location of your child’s bus both before and after school
- Confirm that your child’s bus has arrived at the bus stop and at school
- Receive a push notification or email message when the bus is a certain distance from your stop, and more
Here Comes the Bus is powered by Synovia Solutions™, makers of the GPS-tracking technology used by Greater Clark County Schools to increase safety and cost savings as it relates to our school bus fleet.
Available in three languages (English, Spanish and French), the Here Comes the Bus app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
How to get started:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app* or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click the Sign Up button
- Enter school code 74852 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name AND student ID number
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus
Please continue to have your child at their bus stop five (5) minutes prior to the stop time for the first week until you can confirm the app is working correctly.
If you need to contact Here Comes the Bus’ customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org), please provide the following information:
- First name and last name
- School Code: 74852
- Email address used for your Here Comes the Bus account
- Best number to reach you
- Your child’s last name and student ID #
- Description of the problem
Should you have any questions, please contact Transportation via email (email@example.com) or by phone at 812-288-4809.
Here Comes the Bus® is a registered trademark of Synovia Solutions™ LLC. To learn more about Here Comes the Bus, visit http://www.herecomesthebus.com.
If you have questions, please contact Ken Watson, Assistant Director, at 812-288-4809. ext 75.